Barley and blood sugar control….food for good bacteria!
Are your blood sugar and insulin levels slowly kreeping up each year on your blood test results?
Barley kernels may assist by:
– regulating metabolism and appetite
– reduce inflammation (reducing risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes)
– Increase rates of good bacteria that help regulate blood sugar levels
– High dietary fibre helps to lower cholesterol
Add barley kernel grains to soups and casseroles, add barley wheat to breads and muffins or try as a healthy drink!
– Boil 1/4 cup of barley grains in 1 litre of water for 5 mins then strain. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and some honey – too easy!